Saturday 9 February 2008

The Journey from Wellington to Nelson






New Zealand never fails to amaze me. I think of the Dover- Calais ferry crossing, especially the white cliffs of Dover, and remember really enjoying the whole experience when I first went with my family as a child. You then get to New Zealand and "ferry crossing" moves into a whole new dimension!! We got on the "InterIslander" at 10:30am from Wellington and proceeded to be amazed as we entered the Marlborough Sounds for the final hour towards Picton. Stunning was the only word to describe it. I took some video and pictures but it does not really do it justice. At the end of the day you'll just have to come over and experience it for yourselves!
The amazing journey didn't end at Picton though. We took the "Queen Charlotte scenic drive" from Picton to Nelson. It was a little bit windy in parts but the coast line views were spectacular. This is one journey I will never forget and for all the right reasons!

No comments: