Tuesday 11 December 2007

Running Man!

I thought I should mention briefly that I have taken up running over the past few months! It is all Paul's fault. He challenged me to running a half marathon in Auckland and of course I was silly enough to take it on. So 2 weeks ago (25th November) on a beautiful sunny morning at Mission Bay I set off on my first ever half marathon having only trained for 4 weeks! The run was in aid of a charity ADRA (disaster relief). The main aim was to survive and I did...just! I managed it in just over 2 hours (it would have been nice to be just under but in reality it wasn't likely considering I have never run seriously in my life!).
I have realised during this time in NZ that really we should all take more risks...I have spent far too much time doing life "safely"...at the end of the day it's there to be lived to the full. Please remind me of this when I'm back in England!

No comments: